Watch your dancer blossom
IT’S RECITAL WEEK !!!!
A few reminders and tips …
TUITION … Is your tuition account paid for the season ???
All tuition including May tuition must be paid in full before the recital. If you have not yet paid your account in full, please make your payment online at the Payment Portal or by PayPal by clicking “Make a Payment” on our website. TUITION ACCOUNTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL IN ORDER FOR YOUR CHILD TO DANCE IN THE RECITAL.
Unsure of your account status, please check your Parent Portal or email the office to check your balance!
DRESS REHEARSALS are this week at ROCKWELL HALL, Buffalo State College. The schedule is:
* MONDAY, May 13 – all Saturday 11 Cast. Act 1 reports at 5:30 PM. Act 2 reports at 6:45 PM. FULL COSTUME
* TUESDAY, May 14 – all Saturday 4:30 Cast. Act 1 reports at 5:30 PM. Act 2 reports at 6:45 PM. FULL COSTUME
** Dancers should arrive in their first or only costume with hair and make up complete.
** The show line ups are posted on our website if you are unsure if you are Act 1 or 2.
** Don’t forget your rehearsal ticket that was included in your recital mailing for admission to the audience at rehearsal. Additional adult guest tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door. Children do not need a ticket.
* All dismissals will take place in the Dancer’s area. One parent should come downstairs to pick up your dancer.
* Combo dancers will be dismissed right after they dance onstage at Rehearsal.
* All other Act 1 dancers will be dismissed after the finale rehearsal at approximately 7:20 PM.
* Act 2 dancers will be dismissed after their last dance is onstage.
RECITAL PERFORMANCES at ROCKWELL HALL, Buffalo State College
* Friday Ensemble: Friday, May 17, Dancers arrive at 6 PM, Curtain at 6:45 PM
* Saturday 11 AM Show: Saturday, May 18, Dancers arrive at 10 AM, Curtain at 11 AM
* Saturday 4:30 PM Show: Saturday, May 18, Dancers arrive at 3:30 PM, Curtain at 4:30 PM
Recital Dismissal: Dancers will be lead downstairs by the staff and volunteers to the backstage area to collect their belongings. ONE parent should proceed downstairs to the main hall to pick up your dancer. Don’t rush, this takes several minutes. Dancers will be dismissed ONE AT A TIME, beginning with the youngest dancers. This is to ensure the safety of all students. Your patience is appreciated for the safety of all students.
* The studio is CLOSED this week from May 13 – 19, there are NO CLASSES that week. The faculty and staff will be at Rockwell Hall for rehearsals and set up. If you have a question, PLEASE EMAIL the studio (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come downstairs to the dancer’s area before rehearsals and we will be happy to assist you. Email is preferred as checking voicemails will be limited.
* Classes will resume after the recital on Monday, May 20 and run through Saturday, June 1 (we are closed May 24-27 for Memorial Day weekend)
* Please no food or drink in the auditorium.
* Dancers should only bring water into the backstage area (no pop or juice, we don’t want to stain a costume). They may also bring a peanut free snack or small activity with them.
* Be sure ALL costume pieces, dance shoes, dance bag and street shoes are labeled with your child’s name to prevent confusion. For safety, tap shoes may NOT be worn anywhere in Rockwell Hall, except the stage. Please bring alternate footwear. Combo dancers can bring their tap and ballet shoes, so they have ballet shoes to wear in the dancers’ area and during finale.
* If you need additional Recital tickets, you can still purchase online for a limited time at www.tututix.com/speziosdancedynamics Once the online sales are stopped, tickets will be available for purchase at the rehearsals or at the door on recital day. Tickets are still available for all shows but very limited for the Saturday 11 AM show.
* Recital T-shirts will be onsale at rehearsals and recitals as supplies last for $15. We will also have tights available for purchase at the recital – $8 combo white, $10 all others as well as other studio merchandise! Cash or check payable to Spezio’s for in person purchase are preferred please. Items can be charged to your account only if you have a valid credit card on file. We will process the charges directly to your card on file.
* You can also order Recital Videos and Flowers on your parent portal right now! Check out all the video options, including the HD offerings of Blu-ray or On Demand! We also have fun flower bouquets to congratulate your dancers, choose from mixed flowers or glitter rose bouquets.
* Videotaping and NON-Flash photography are permitted at rehearsal ONLY from designated areas. Photography and Videotaping are NOT permitted at the recital performances.
* Further information can be found on the studio website, please visit www.speziosdancedynamics.com.
We look forward to a great Recital Week – Lift Your Wings! Thank you for dancing with us at Dance Dynamics!!
Driving Directions To Rockwell Hall:
From the East (via the NYS Thruway/Interstate 90)
Take Exit 51 (NY 33 West) to NY 198 West. Exit NY 198 at Elmwood Avenue South. Proceed off the exit and onto Elmwood Avenue. The first light is Iroquois Drive, turn right onto campus or proceed to the next light at Rockwell Road, turn right. You can use either Iroquois Drive or Rockwell Road to enter the campus. Rockwell Hall is the building with the clock tower directly across the street from the Albright Knox Art Gallery.
From the West (via the NYS Thruway/Interstate 90)
Take Exit 53 (Interstate 190) to NY 198 East; exit at Elmwood Avenue, turning right at the end of the ramp towards Elmwood Avenue. Proceed straight through light for parking on Iroquois Drive or turn left at light at Elmwood Avenue and right at next light for parking on Rockwell Road. Rockwell Hall is the building with the clock tower directly across the street from the Albright Knox Art Gallery.
From the North/Niagara Falls
Take Interstate 190 South (over the Grand Island Bridge) to NY 198 East; exit at Elmwood Avenue, turning right at the end of the ramp towards Elmwood Avenue. Proceed straight through light for parking on Iroquois Drive or turn left at light at Elmwood Avenue and right at next light for parking on Rockwell Road. Rockwell Hall is the building with the clock tower directly across the street from the Albright Knox Art Gallery.